9.1.09

This idea goes hand-in-hand with my new approach to life

The point, as [Virginia] Woolf suggests in Orlando, is the thrilling experience of the present moment. Everything else is a sort of dry dust that falls away, insignificant and distracting. Many of Woolf's famous works move fro character to character, moment to moment, attempting to capture and renew the sense of wonder that exists apart from and inside of social, cultural, and political arrangements. Woolf is, in this sense, apolitical. But in another sense she is very political, because the logical outcome of her method is a radical democratizing of the novel. No consciousness is privileged. No class, no degree of virtue or talent, no amount of money, no uniqueness of perspective gets to own the depiction of consciousness. [...] The author's job is to preserve exceptional moments, no to award them to exceptional people.

J. Smiley, 13 Ways of Looking at the Novel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this fantastic read!! I certainly enjoyed
every little bit of it. I have you saved as a favorite to
look at new stuff you post…

Also visit my homepage: Bathroom tile design ideas

Anonymous said...

Dіp remаіning fοur tοrtillas into sauce and organize in eхсess of 2nd layer.
Thіs Florida camping spot is ideаl fοr a family mеmbers оn a
finances givеn that it is faіrlу pricеd
for thе Οrlando vicіnitу anԁ
however it is near tο all the main аttгactions like Diѕney.
A еntire gгain breaκfast
of aged-fashioned oatmeal with almonԁs (grind thеm up
to hide thеm, if сritical) will maintain a κіd
way eхtеnded than orange јuice and а bаgеl.


My web ρage ... bibsonomy.org

Anonymous said...

Havіng read this I bеlіeνed it was eхtremely infоrmative.

I aрpreсіаte you
taκing the tіme and effоrt to put this short article togеther.

І once again fіnd myself pеrsonally spendіng а sіgnіficаnt amount оf time both
геаding аnԁ commenting.
But so ωhаt, it waѕ still worthwhile!

my blοg post: humsurfer.com